In this article, we compare Toronto vs Vancouver. This comparison is based on population, weather, cost of living, real estate or housing market, tourist places, income, job opportunities, rent, sports, and many more.
Toronto and Vancouver are the big metro cities of Canada with the huge economy. Both cities are expensive and have a high cost of living in Canada.
Toronto is the center of attraction in Canada. Ontario and British Columbia are the largest provinces in Canada. Both provinces are economy-driven in Canada.
Toronto vs Vancouver Population
- Toronto population: 6,202,225 (2021)
- Vancouver population: 2,469,289 (2021)
Toronto is the first largest city in Ontario and Canada by population. Toronto’s population has risen by 4.6% in the last 5 years. In 2021, the Toronto population is about 6.20 Million.
Vancouver have 2.4 Million population in 2021. The Vancouver population increased by 4.9% from 2016. Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada after Toronto and Montreal.
Living in Toronto vs Vancouver
- Toronto location: southeast of Ontario
- Vancouver location: southwestern British Columbia
Toronto is located in the southeast of Ontario. It is situated along Ontario Lake. There are many cities located near Toronto such as Ottawa, Montreal, and Niagara Falls.
Moreover, there is an 11-hour drive from Toronto to New York (US).
Vancouver is a beautiful city. Vancouver is located in southwestern British Columbia. It is situated near the Pacific coast of British Columbia. Vancouver is located near to US border.
There is only a 2.5-hour drive from Vancouver to Seattle (City in Washington, US). It is easy to commute to the US from Vancouver.
You may also like:
- Calgary vs Edmonton Housing Market, Job Opportunities, Cost of Living & Tourist Places
- 11 Top Most Cheapest Places to Live in Ontario 2023
- Top 11 Most Dangerous Cities in Ontario Canada 2023
Cost of Living Vancouver vs Toronto
- Cost of living in Toronto: $4,350
- Cost of Living in Vancouver: $4,700
The cost of living in Toronto is $4,350 per person who pays rent and lives in a one-bedroom apartment. The average rent price in Toronto is $3,200 for a two-bedroom apartment.
The Vancouver cost of living is $4,700 for a single person who is living in an apartment. The average rent price in Vancouver is $3,500 for a bedroom apartment.
Overall, Vancouver is a bit more expensive than Toronto based on the cost of living.
Toronto vs Vancouver Real Estate & Housing Market
- Average House prices in Toronto: 1,067,800
- Average house prices in Vancouver: 1,173,092
The average house price in Toronto is approximately $1.06 Million. The housing market in Toronto will go down by 20% in 2023 due to inflation in Canada.
The Bank of Canada increases the interest rate in Canada. So that is why people avoid buying houses right now.
Furthermore, the average house price in Vancouver is around 1.16 Million. Houses are a little more expensive in Vancouver than in Toronto. However, house prices in Vancouver decline by 8.7% in 2023.
Vancouver vs Toronto Weather
- Vancouver weather: Rainy, pleasant, and less cold in winter 1℃ or 2℃
- Toronto weather: sunny & little humidity in summer, 27℃ to 30℃, colder in winter
Vancouver’s weather is rainy, a little windy, pleasant, and less cold in winter. In summer, the temperature is around 15℃ to 19℃. The average temperature in winter is about 1℃ to 2 ℃. Sometimes, in winter there is a little snowy.
Toronto’s weather is sunny, with moderate temperatures and little humidity in summer. The average temperature in summer is about 27℃ to 30℃. Toronto is much colder in winter. Sometimes, the temperature goes down by -15℃ to -20℃.
Toronto vs Vancouver Income & Job Opportunities
- Average income in Toronto: $49,500
- Average Income in Vancouver: 45,300
The average income in Toronto is $49,500. Job opportunities have great job opportunities. It is the third largest city in North America with the highest workforce. Toronto is the main hub of Canada.
Furthermore, the average income in Vancouver is $45,300. It is a bit hard to find jobs in Vancouver due to more competition. If you have skills then you don’t need to worry.
Toronto vs Vancouver Tourist Places
Toronto and Vancouver both cities are both great tourist attractions. In Toronto, you can explore the different things in the hustle and bustle of the city. Basically, Toronto is for those people who love to explore the city.
Tourist Destinations in Toronto
- CN Tower
- Roger Arena
- Toronto Downtown
- Ripley Aquarium
- Toronto Zoo
- Toronto Chinatown
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Casa Loma
However, Vancouver is a city for those people who love to explore nature such as the parks, and gardens, and like to do adventure.
Tourist Destinations in Vancouver
- Van Dusen Botanical Garden
- Stanley Park
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Science World
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Flyover Canada
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Vancouver Lookout
- Grouse Mountain
- Jericho Beach
So, these are places you can visit in Vancouver. You can also enjoy the wonderful views in Vancouver. It is actually a beautiful place to explore in Canada.
Overall, both Toronto and Vancouver are good cities to live in Canada. These cities are considered the best and most liable to live and invest in Canada.
These both cities have great job opportunities that help to start your career and earn a good income.
Conclusion Toronto vs Vancouver which is better?
The question of whether Toronto or Vancouver is “better” is highly subjective and depends on individual preferences and priorities. Both cities have their own unique characteristics and offerings. Here’s a comparison of some aspects of each city:
- Toronto is the largest city in Canada and serves as the country’s financial and cultural hub.
- The city boasts a diverse population, which has contributed to a rich culinary scene, vibrant neighborhoods, and a wide range of cultural events and festivals.
- Toronto has a strong job market with opportunities in various industries, including finance, technology, healthcare, and more.
- The city has numerous attractions, including the CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, and Toronto Islands.
- Vancouver is known for its stunning natural beauty, nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Coast Mountains.
- The city offers a mild climate and plenty of outdoor recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, and water sports.
- Vancouver has a strong focus on sustainability and a healthy lifestyle, with many residents prioritizing eco-friendly practices.
- The city has a thriving arts scene, diverse neighborhoods, and a variety of multicultural cuisines.
Ultimately, the choice between Toronto and Vancouver depends on factors like your lifestyle preferences, career aspirations, climate preferences, and personal interests. Both cities have a lot to offer, so it’s a good idea to visit both and experience their unique atmospheres before making a decision.